To celebrate World Environment day – Connect with Nature, I made a short list of easy things you can do to be a more responsible citizen.
- Get a water-bottle – Take your own water from home, so you never need to buy plastic bottled water.
- Take your own shopping bags, build up a collection of colourful cloth and canvas bags and pack your shopping into them. You will save many, bring less clutter in your home and you will feel good about it.
- Switch off – Plug out. Easy as that, whatever is not in use switch off.
- Recycle, even if it is just one item to start with, something easy like tins and cans. It is a start and less items in a landfill.
- Double purpose – Buy a loyalty card to a local nature reserve, botanical garden or park. The fees will pay for conservation and you will have incentive to shut down and connect with nature.
Enjoy World Environment day.